It’s unlikely that any one product, lifestyle choice or pill could address affects of aging. However, there are things you can do that not only will help you age more slowly but will improve your quality of life. Your best bet for aging well is to:
1. Eat a varied and healthy diet. Include plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods. Fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, and vitamins all play a part in keeping your body functioning at its best. Eating right will help you maintain a healthy weight.
2. Exercise every day. Exercise improves appetite, makes healthy bones, gives you a better emotional outlook and improves digestion and circulation. Exercise makes you stronger and helps you lose weight. Whether it is yoga and stretching, aerobics, biking, dancing, swimming or whatever you enjoy, mix it up and just move your body!
3. Drink lots of fluids, especially water, to maintain healthy skin and flush out waste. This is good for your skin, too.
4. Seeking prompt medical care when you’re ill or injured. Listen to your body and take care of any little problems before they become big problems. Get screened for diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
5. Use sunscreen to prevent sunburn. Professionals agree that one of the most significant factors contributing to aging is chronic inflammation of the skin.
6. Use skin products that nourish, restore and feed your skin while helping to maintain that healthy glow. Sublime Beauty™ products such as Face Whisperer™ can help with a more youthful skin. Techniques such as dry brushing your body can help increase circulation and rid yourself of old cells for glowing skin – the Sublime Beauty™ skin products will react even better and will be able to be absorbed.
7. If you smoke – quit! Smoking has very damaging effects and dramatically increases your risk of getting cancer and heart disease.
8. Manage Your Stress. Stress is a part of everyday life. Develop ways to help you cope and adjust to situations in your life that may cause you stress. The situation isn’t the problem…its how you react to it.
9. Enjoy Life! Look for ways to improve overall well-being and enthusiasm for life. Be curious and creative which will encourage you to learn new things. You can also use humor and laughter to help you age well and live long.
10. Develop Strong relationships. Maintaining close ties to your family and friends are crucial to healthy aging.
11. Push Away Negativity! Don’t let fears and worries dominate your life. A worried mind is not at peace and robs you of zest and energy which you need to maintain youthfulness.
12. Keep cells youthful with antioxidants. Antioxidants are found in a full-range of fruits and vegetables, as well as in some meat, like fish. Although, our bodies produce its own antioxidants, the level of product declines over time because of environmental factors and through the aging process. You can also take anti oxidant supplements or even anti oxidant teas.
Do all you can to be healthy and in doing so you will age slower and feel better. If you have any questions about products that claim to slow or reverse aging ask your doctor. He or she can help you sort through the information and get the facts.